Easy Admission to Study MBBS in China Compared to US, UK and India
China has been a popular destination for MBBS aspirants for the last one decade under self-support. For standardization of MBBS teaching in English medium for international students, Ministry of Education, announced new and strict regulations known as "Provisions for Quality Control Standards on Undergraduate Medical Education in English for International Student in China" and has been implemented since 2007.In order to guarantee China's MBBS education quality, and encourage more international students to study medicine in China.
According to this Provisions published in 2011, there has be 45 governmental China's medical universities which are authorized to join international students to study English medium MBBS programs.
Medical doctor as a profession is among the most capable careers across the globe due to high social respect, handsome payment and global prospects of job in any country.The admission requirement for MBBS program is much higher and more difficult for each student.
For example, In Indiato get admission into about five-year graduate program of MBBS after 10+2 students have to appear for entrance test like AIPMT, CBSE or AFMC etc.. Asthese entrance tests are hard to clear, generally students end up taking two to four attempts to get into a medical school.
It is difficult to get admission for international students in US or UK to study MBBS. Only students who finish the four-year undergraduate program have the qualification to apply.
Theadmission requirements in India, US, UK and China are given below:
- Educational background equal to high school graduation in China, or must have passed Grade Twelve (10+2) /A Level or equivalent.
- Minimum of 50% to 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology depending on the university
- English language .Minimum age 17 years by the end of the year (Dec. 31st)
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying exams equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination .He/She should have obtained a minimum of sixty percent (60%) marks in aggregate in the following 4 subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry (Organic and Inorganic) and Biology (Botany and Zoology) compulsorily.
- Candidates who are found eligible based on criteria of eligibility will be required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
- Minimum age of 17 years by the end of the year (Dec. 31st).
- Bachelor's (B.A.) degree, also require a bachelor's degree from a U.S. school. Better would be if their bachelor's degree is in Biology, Chemistry or another science-related subject
- Candidates must have excellent undergraduate academic record, and college credits must include the following: one year of Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, General Physics and English.
- To examinethe understanding of the basic concepts in Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as verbal reasoning skillsthe Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), Competitive Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores will be taken.
- Volunteer amenity
- Research knowledge
- Personal interview may be requested pertaining to the decision of the Admissions Committee.
- Note: Most U.S. medical schools will not consider a foreign student for admission unless he or she has completed at least one year in an accredited U.S. undergraduate institution.
- At the start of the program (late September) students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Certificate for Science and Engineering from International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate or Cambridge Pre-University Diploma or University Preparatory (UPCSE) or other equivalent.
- In GCE A-levels (from a UK examination board), a minimum of three A-levels and one additional fourth subject to at least AS-level is required. Within two years altogether AS and A2 components for these four subjects should be completed (Years 12 and 13 at a UK school), with the A2 examinations for the three main A-levels being taken in Year 13.
- All candidates must secure GCSE (or O-level from a UK examination board) at grade B or above in English Language and Mathematics. IGCSE at grade B, a score of 5 in International Baccalaureate diploma or a score of 8.5 in the European Baccalaureate are also acceptable to accomplish the Mathematics and English Language requirements.
- To assess scientific aptitude and scientific abilities relevant to the study of medicine, Biomedical Admissions Test is taken.
One of the best things about studying in China is that getting admission in China is indeed easy. No need to go through difficult and complicated admission procedures. No additional entrance examinations and other practice or research experience.
If documents are correctand the admission criteria is fulfilled then you don't have to worry, thus it is very attractive for students that they don't have to waste their time in running through difficult admission processes. Similarly the admission fee and living expenditures are reasonable and affordable for students. HenceItis a suitable option to study in foreign and worldwide recognized universities with such affordable rates.